Applicants who have acquired their higher education entrance qualification (HZB) or their first degree outside Germany apply via uni assist.

They also apply via uni assist for all Master's degree programmes. The recognition of the Bachelor's certificate by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) does not replace the entrance examination via uni assist.

Are you applying for a degree programme with restricted admission? Then you must also participate in the "Dialogue-Oriented Service Procedure" (DoSV) of You can find out more about this here at uni assist.

The application procedure via uni assist also applies to German nationals if the educational qualification was acquired abroad. Exceptions are if you have a University entrance Examination or a Certificate recognition with a designated average grade. Here you can also find out more about which documents you need for the application.

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us, we will be happy to advise you! or the Welcome-Center for University Koblenz.

Applicants from partner schools in the KOALAS project should contact us directly.